WHAT TO WEAR?
Here are a few great tips for looking your very best in your portraits:
1) Select items that are cohesive with the environment. Is your session in the studio with a backdrop? in a park? or the beach? Choose colors that contrast with your background so that you don’t fade away into the image. Jewel tones, earthy tones, and neutrals look great at the park. Pastels and neutrals look beautiful on the beach. Avoid transparent/sheer clothing.
2) Go for timeless looks. Modern family portraits coordinate clothing with complementary colors, patterns, and textures rather than matching outfits.
3) Jeans Rock! You can never go wrong wearing jeans in your casual photos.
4) Accessorize!!! Make your photos personal by bringing your favorite hat, belt, or scarf.
5) Avoid any items overly shiny, blingy, or neons. Light may reflect off these objects and could potentially ruin your images.
6) Lastly, Be Yourself!!! Your photo session is not the best time to try something way out of your comfort zone. If you are not feeling great during your session, it will translate in your expressions.